This blog covers the years 2014-2016 when we (the Robisons) were at the Ghana MTC. To see the blog covering the period 2016-2018 click on this link: http://ldsghanamtc.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meet Brother Kpole - One of our French Language Teachers at the MTC




"In 1991, when I was 8 years old, my mother died leaving me and little brother behind.  After that, I went to live with my grandparents in Ivory Coast and attended primary school.  My little brother went to live with my aunty in a different village than me.  Unfortunately, that was the last time I saw my brother.  Two years later I received the tragic news that he had died in an accident.

A year later, in 1994, one of my uncles invited me to come stay with him in Abidjan so that I could enter secondary school and continue my studies.  However this temporary happiness did not last.  My uncle became sick three years later and passed away.  In the midst of this state of sadness and confusion, I desperately needed tenderness, love, safety, assurance and guidance.  It was at this critical time of confusion that one of my cousins, a member of the Church, returned from his mission to live with us in the home.  This was the beginning of light in my life.  It was 1998 and happily I accepted his invitation to attend Sacrament meeting with him.  After that day, I realized I had found what I desperately needed.

I was taught the missionary discussions and a month later, January 30th 1999, I was baptized and confirmed the following day as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I had found the kingdom of our Heavenly Father, where there is warmth, love, tenderness, safety, light and assurance.  Then cometh the light and hope in my life with a loving Father in Heaven and a merciful redeemer and Savior, Jesus Christ. (Hymn 109; Nephi 33:6).  All of these events in my life teach me that this is done in the wisdom of Him who knoweth all things.

I am grateful and happy to love, serve and console my beloved brothers and sisters, as a missionary first, and now as an instructor of missionaries."

No comments:

Post a Comment